Stoddard County, Missouri - A dome of high pressure will expand across the nation next week. Hot temperatures and dangerous heat indices will be expected.
Beginning Sunday, July 27, 2016 the temperatures will be in the mid to upper 90s with heat index over 100 degrees. Lows will only drop to the mid to upper 70s with humidity just under 70%.
Since June, many regions of the U.S. have experienced periods of hot temperatures, but most heat waves have been relatively short-lived. That will all change next week as a dome of high pressure builds in the upper atmosphere, providing favorable conditions for expanding heat across much of the nation.
By Thursday, summer heat will be the dominant weather theme as temperatures really soar. We are going to be sweating next week, no way to get around it SUMMER is here! Don't be surprised if there will be Heat Advisory Statements issued by the National Weather Service. Also remember to check on elderly or those without air conditioning. Pets should have plenty of shade and water throughout the day and if on concrete remember it gets very hot on their foot pads.
Stoddard County, Missouri - The National Weather Service in Paducah, Kentucky issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Stoddard County, Missouri.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FROM 2:26PM CDT FRI UNTIL 10PM CDT FRI WCNPAH WATCH COUNTY NOTIFICATION FOR WATCH 359 NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 359 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN KENTUCKY THIS WATCH INCLUDES 2 COUNTIES IN WESTERN KENTUCKY FULTON HICKMAN IN MISSOURI THIS WATCH INCLUDES 8 COUNTIES IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI BUTLER CARTER MISSISSIPPI NEW MADRID RIPLEY SCOTT STODDARD WAYNE THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...BLOOMFIELD...CHARLESTON...CLINTON... DONIPHAN...HICKMAN...NEW MADRID...PIEDMONT...POPLAR BLUFF... SIKESTON AND VAN BUREN.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FROM 11:49AM CDT THU UNTIL 12:15PM CDT THU
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PADUCAH HAS ISSUED A
* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... SOUTHWESTERN PULASKI COUNTY IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS... ALEXANDER COUNTY IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS... SOUTHEASTERN CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI... NORTHEASTERN STODDARD COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI... NORTHEASTERN MISSISSIPPI COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI... SCOTT COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI...
* UNTIL 1215 PM CDT
* AT 1148 AM CDT... A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED OVER CHAFFEE... MOVING EAST AT 55 MPH.
HAZARD... 60 MPH WIND GUSTS.
SOURCE... RADAR INDICATED.
IMPACT... EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS... SIDING... AND TREES.
* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... CAPE GIRARDEAU... CHARLESTON... SCOTT CITY... CHAFFEE... CAIRO... ORAN... BENTON... MOUNDS... MORLEY... TAMMS... MOUND CITY... KELSO... DELTA... WYATT... HAYWOOD CITY... DUTCHTOWN... OLIVE BRANCH... HAY-WOOD CITY... HORSESHOE LAKE CONSERVATION AREA AND THEBES. FOR YOUR PROTECTION MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A BUILDING.
Stoddard County, Missouri - SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 12:15PM CDT THU
AT 1016 AM... A LINE OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WAS APPROACHING SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND SOUTHERN ILLINOIS. FROM 1030 AM THROUGH NOON... THE STORMS WILL CONTINUE EAST AND MOVE INTO... AND ACROSS THE AREA.
THE AIRMASS IS VERY UNSTABLE... ESPECIALLY ACROSS SOUTHEAST MISSOURI INTO SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS. PREPARE FOR AT LEAST STRONG WINDS... AND VERY HEAVY RAINFALL. ALSO... MONITOR FOR ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS... AND POSSIBLY WATCHES AND WARNINGS. THESE STORMS COULD STRENGTHEN AND BECOME SEVERE.
Stoddard County, Missouri - The National Weather Service in Paducah, Kentucky has issued a Heat Advisory for Stoddard County.
HEAT ADVISORY FROM 4AM CDT THU UNTIL 5PM CDT THU
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PADUCAH HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON FOR ALL OF SOUTHEAST MISSOURI... SOUTHERN ILLINOIS... SOUTHWEST INDIANA AND WESTERN KENTUCKY.
* HEAT INDEX VALUES... WILL PEAK AROUND OR JUST ABOVE 105 DEGREES IN SOME AREAS.
* TIMING... MIDDAY THROUGH AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS... HEAT RELATED ILLNESS COULD DEVELOP QUICKLY IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM... STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.
Stoddard County, Missouri - The National Weather Service in Paducah, Kentucky has issued a Special Weather Statement until 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 4AM CDT THU
... HEAT INDICES 100 TO 105 AGAIN THURSDAY...
THE OPPRESSIVE CONDITIONS WILL RETURN QUICKLY ON THURSDAY. AFTER LOW TEMPERATURES ONLY AROUND 80 TONIGHT... THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDEX VALUES FROM 100 TO 105 BY MIDDAY... AND MANY LOCATIONS MAY CLIMB ABOVE 105 IN THE AFTERNOON.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE REGION BEGINNING AROUND MIDDAY. COOL OUTFLOW FROM THE STORMS WOULD PROVIDE QUICK RELIEF FROM THE HEAT. THOSE AREAS THAT AVOID THUNDERSTORMS THE LONGEST WILL SEE THE MOST OPPRESSIVELY HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS.
REMEMBER NOT TO LEAVE CHILDREN OR PETS UNATTENDED IN VEHICLES FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF WATER FOR YOU AND YOUR PETS OVER THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS. CHECK ON NEIGHBORS AND STAY IN AIR CONDITIONING IF POSSIBLE.
USE CAUTION IF YOU HAVE PLANS TO BE OUTDOORS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.
Stoddard County, Missouri - The National Weather Service in Paducah, Kentucky has issued a Heat Advisory for Stoddard County, Missouri.
HEAT ADVISORY FROM 12PM CDT Thursday UNTIL 7PM CDT Thursday.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PADUCAH HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM CDT THURSDAY.
* HEAT INDEX... MAXIMUM HEAT INDEX VALUES AROUND 105 DEGREES IN THE AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS... HEAT STRESS WILL REACH DANGEROUS LEVELS AND COULD LEAD TO HEAT EXHAUSTION OR HEAT STROKE FOR THOSE WORKING OUTDOORS. A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM... STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.