- THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 359 IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- IN ILLINOIS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 19 COUNTIES
- IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
- ALEXANDER EDWARDS FRANKLIN GALLATIN HAMILTON HARDIN JACKSON JEFFERSON JOHNSON MASSAC PERRY POPE PULASKI SALINE UNION WABASH WAYNE WHITE WILLIAMSON
- IN INDIANA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 6 COUNTIES
- IN SOUTHWEST INDIANA
- GIBSON PIKE POSEY SPENCER VANDERBURGH WARRICK
- IN KENTUCKY THIS WATCH INCLUDES 22 COUNTIES
- IN WESTERN KENTUCKY
- BALLARD CALDWELL CALLOWAY CARLISLE CHRISTIAN CRITTENDEN DAVIESS FULTON GRAVES HENDERSON HICKMAN HOPKINS LIVINGSTON LYON MARSHALL MCCRACKEN MCLEAN MUHLENBERG TODD TRIGG UNION WEBSTER
- IN MISSOURI THIS WATCH INCLUDES 11 COUNTIES
- IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI
- BOLLINGER BUTLER CAPE GIRARDEAU CARTER MISSISSIPPI NEW MADRID PERRY RIPLEY SCOTT STODDARD WAYNE
- THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... ALBION... BARDWELL... BENTON... BLOOMFIELD... BOONVILLE... CADIZ... CAIRO... CALHOUN... CAPE GIRARDEAU... CARBONDALE... CARMI... CHARLESTON... CLINTON... DIXON... DONIPHAN... EDDYVILLE... ELIZABETHTOWN... ELKTON... EVANSVILLE... FAIRFIELD... FORT BRANCH... GOLCONDA... GREENVILLE... HARRISBURG... HENDERSON... HERRIN... HICKMAN... HOPKINSVILLE... JONESBORO... MADISONVILLE... MARBLE HILL... MARION... MAYFIELD... MCLEANSBORO... METROPOLIS... MORGANFIELD... MOUND CITY... MOUNT CARMEL... MOUNT VERNON... MURRAY... NEW MADRID... OWENSBORO... PADUCAH... PERRYVILLE... PETERSBURG... PIEDMONT... PINCKNEYVILLE... POPLAR BLUFF... POSEYVILLE... PRINCETON... ROCKPORT... SHAWNEETOWN... SIKESTON... SMITHLAND... VAN BUREN... VIENNA... WEST FRANKFORT AND WICKLIFFE.
- ... HEAT AND HUMIDITY WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY FOR PORTIONS OF THE REGION...
- HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT IS INCREASING ITS HOLD OVERTOP OUR AREA. THE RESULT WILL BE A CONTINUATION OF THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY INTO AND THROUGH THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.
- HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 100 TO 105 ARE FORECAST THROUGH THURSDAY... ESPECIALLY FOR SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND THE SOUTHERN PURCHASE AREA OF WESTERN KENTUCKY.
- A COLD FRONT THAT IS EXPECTED TO MOVE THROUGH THE REGION LATE IN THE WEEK OR WEEKEND SHOULD BRING SOME WELCOME RELIEF TO THIS FIRST PROLONGED EXTENT OF HEAT AND HUMIDITY.
- IN THE MEANTIME... BE SURE TO TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS OUT OF THE SUN AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE SPENDING TIME OUTSIDE. ALSO MAKE SURE OUTDOOR PETS HAVE PLENTY OF WATER.
Stoddard County, Missouri - Weekly Weather brought to you by Allen Christian Buick GMC, a proud sponsor of the ShowMe Times.
Monday – Partly cloudy with a high of 92F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Monday night low of 75F and mostly clear. Humidity around 61%. Sunrise 5:42 a.m. Sunset 8:23 p.m.
Tuesday – A mix of clouds and sun with a chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 94F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Tuesday evening low of 75F with variable cloudy skies and scattered thunderstorms. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%. Humidity 61%. Sunrise 5:42 a.m. Sunset 8:23 p.m.
Wednesday – Partly cloudy skies with a high near 95F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday evening clear with a low around 75F. Humidity 58% Sunrise 5:43 a.m. Sunset 8:23 p.m.
Thursday – Sunny skies with a high of95F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Humidity 55%. Thursday evening variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms possible. Chance of rain 60%. Sunrise 5:43 a.m. Sunset 8:23 p.m.
Friday – Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. High 92F with winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Friday evening variably cloudy with scattered thunderstorms. Low 73F Chance of rain 60%. Sunrise 5:43 a.m. Sunset 8:24 p.m.
- FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
- THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR
- * PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN ILLINOIS AND SOUTHEAST MISSOURI... INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS... IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS... ALEXANDER... FRANKLIN... JACKSON... JEFFERSON... JOHNSON... PERRY IL... PULASKI... UNION IL AND WILLIAMSON. IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI... BOLLINGER... BUTLER... CAPE GIRARDEAU... CARTER... MISSISSIPPI... NEW MADRID... PERRY MO... RIPLEY... SCOTT... STODDARD AND WAYNE MO.
- * FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING
- * MULTIPLE ROUNDS OF THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING WILL BRING 2 TO 4 INCHES OF HEAVY RAINFALL TO MUCH OF SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. MOST OF THIS PRECIPITATION WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL STORM BILL FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT.
- * THE ADDITIONAL HEAVY RAINFALL ON TOP OF ALREADY SATURATED SOILS MAY RESULT IN FLASH FLOODING. THE RAIN WILL ALSO SERVE TO AGGRAVATE RIVER FLOODING ALREADY IN PROGRESS. EXPECTED RAINFALL FROM THIS WEATHER SYSTEM WILL LIKELY CAUSE VERY SHARP RISES ON SMALLER... FAST RESPONDING RIVER SYSTEMS OVER SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND SOUTHERN ILLINOIS. PERSONS IN OR NEAR THESE WATERWAYS WILL NEED TO KEEP POSTED ON THE LATEST FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO SEEK HIGHER GROUND QUICKLY.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
- A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
- YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.
Stoddard County, Missouri – Weekly weather for Monday, June 8th - Friday, June 12th. Sponsored by Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home, a proud sponsor of the ShowMe Times.
Monday – Cloudy early with thunderstorms developing later in the day. A few storms may be severe. High 83F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Sunrise 5:41 a.m. Sunset 8:19 p.m.
Tuesday – Mainly sunny skies with a high of 88F. Winds light and variable. Sunrise 5:41 a.m. Sunset 8:19 p.m.
Wednesday – Mainly sunny skies with a high of91F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Sunrise 5:41 a.m. Sunset 8:19 p.m.
Thursday – Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing during the afternoon. High 88F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Sunrise 5:41 a.m. Sunset 8:20 p.m.
Friday – Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 85F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Sunrise 5:41 a.m. Sunset 8:20 p.m.
Dexter, Missouri - Weekly weather for Monday, June 1st - Sunday June 7th.
Monday Cloudy, with a high near 73.
Monday evening Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58.
Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
Thursday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Friday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
Saturday Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. High 84F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%
Sunday Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. High 84F. Winds SE at 5 mph 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Friday A 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 85.
Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.
Saturday Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73.
Sunday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Monday Cloudy with a high 77 and a low of 62.
Tuesday Partly sunny with a high of 80 and a low of 65.Wednesday Partly sunny with a high of 85 and a low of 69.
Thursday Partly cloudy early with thunderstorms becoming likely during the afternoon. High around 85F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%
Friday Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 86F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%